In 2011 we saw some of the best kicks in a very long time and 2012 looks to be on a even higher level. We had some of the biggest shoe releases of all time with the Concords, Air Mags, and WTT Lebron 9s. However unless you happen to be Kid Cudi, Kanye, or the dude that waited 72 hours in line you have none of the three. So we complied a list of 10 other kicks to put you ahead of the competition in the kick game coming into 2012.
10. Air Jordan 1 “Pewter” : The 1s have became increasingly popular lately due to the whole G.O.O.D music team rocking either these or the 3s. This color stands out and is a personal favorite. Comfortable and can be worn with pretty much anything. Head over to FCNY to get them for a great price [here]
9. Zoom Hyperdunk 2011 “Blake Griffin”: Hyperdunks have always been know as the premiere kicks to use on the court but with this edition I would never step foot on a court. Easily the best Hyperdunks yet, a must buy for any Nike shoe fan. You can also head over to FCNY for these as well [here].
8. Comme Des Garcons Play X Converse: We all saw how popular Converse Allstars became over the last year. Taylor gang or not converse’s have always been a classic shoe and the Comme Des Garcons editions are no exception. Head over to RSVP Gallery to get these [here].
7. Raf Simons High tops: If your looking for more stylish, high fashion kicks Raf Simons meets the standards. These are a personal favorite and one of the fliest high top sneaks out right now. Head over to TheCorner to cop these [here].
6. Y-3 Sneakers: Y-3 has always been known for their shoes and unique designs. You can see why from these kicks. Unlike majority of Y-3 shoes these have a more basketball style to them which makes them wearable in a wide range of fashions. Head over to TheCorner as well to get a good look at these [here].
5. Nike Lebron 9 “Christmas”: We have all seen the crazy colorways the Lebron 9s came out with at the end of the year. The “China’s” & “Cannons” are both dope but we choose these because unlike the rest, these feature one solid color. This makes them much easier to wear without trying too hard. They are in very low quantity so head over to RMK or FCNY soon [here].
4. Nike Kobe VII “Supreme Cheetah”: You gotta salute Kobe for these kicks. Easily the best colorway for any Nike shoe out right now. The Kobe VI were a great sneaker and now with this colorway the VII’s are a step above. These are sold out almost every where but head over to RMK to cop these [here].
3. Air Jordan IV “Doernbecher”: IV’s with a Superman logo on the tongue? That’s all I had to hear son. These limited edition Jordans are definitely one of the best sneaks of the year besides the WTT Lebron 9s & Air Mags. FCNY is one the few stores with any left [here].
2. Balenciaga Sneakers: If your not familiar with Balenciaga, its a huge fashion house thats been making fly apparel since before your grandmother was born. If your ballin on another level and want to show off a little bit these are the kicks you wanna get. Head over to Balenciaga to cop this colorway [here] or head over to Barney’s for the other colorways.
1. Air Yeezy 2: Rounding out our list is of course the Yeezy 2′s. The most anticipated sneaker release of the year looks to be arguably the best sneaker released in the last decade. For those who missed out on the Yeezy 1′s we know how big this release is, seeing how the 1′s now go for about two grand. So get your sleeping bags ready for the March release.